Although the contest is over, we will keep the stories and images here on our blog for the time being. If you haven't yet looked through and enjoyed the scrapbook, please scroll down and click on the image to get started.
By submitting your story and entering the contest, you give the Missouri History Museum the right to use all text and images on the History Happens Here website.
Missouri History Museum First Communion Stories Random Drawing
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
2. Eligibility: The Missouri History Museum First Communion Stories random drawing is open to U.S. residents 21 years or older at the time of entry. Missouri History Museum staff and their immediate family members, as well as MHM partners, are not eligible.
3. Entry: Participants may submit their “First Communion Stories” beginning Monday, August 9, 2010, at 12:00 a.m. (CST). To participate in the random drawing, your entry must be received by 11:59 p.m. (CST) on Sunday, September 5, 2010.
4. Internet Entry: Enter the random drawing by visiting www.historyhappenshere.org and clicking on the First Communion Stories box in the right-hand column. Complete all of the required information and follow all instructions. Submit your entry by clicking on the link that says “Submit your story!”, filling out the form and then hitting the “Send” button. One (1) entry per person. The Missouri History Museum (Sponsor) will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any telephone connection, network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entrant.
5. Prizes: One (1) prize package will awarded to a randomly selected name from all eligible entries on or about Tuesday, September 7, 2010. The prize package includes four (4) complimentary tickets to the Missouri History Museum’s special exhibition “Vatican Splendors: A Journey through Faith and Art”; four (4) “Vatican Splendors” T-shirts; one (1) official “Vatican Splendors” exhibition catalogue; brunch for four (4) at the Missouri History Museum’s restaurant, Bixby’s; and one (1) one-year Family Plus Level membership to the Missouri History Museum. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor is not responsible for transportation costs associated with travel to the Missouri History Museum.
6. Prizes must be redeemed no later than Sunday, September 12, 2010.
7. Participation: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. In the event the “First Communion Stories” random drawing is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond reasonable control of Sponsor, which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the random drawing, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate random drawing. Should the random drawing be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select a prizewinner based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. By entering the contest and submitting your story and photo, you are giving the Missouri History Museum permission to publish your materials on its website, History Happens Here. Note that not all submissions will be published.